The finest epicurean snails are Burgundian Helix Snails. All other culinary snails pale in comparison. This classic French appetizer has been enjoyed for centuries. The Helix snails enjoy living wild in French gardens and vineyards hence creating their delicious extraordinary quality. Bon Appetit!
Unsalted Butter, softened x 16tbsp
Parsley, minced x ¼ cup
White Wine x 1 tbsp
Brandy x 1 tsp
Garlic Cloves, minced x 3 ea
Shallot, minced x 1 ea
24 canned extra-large snails
Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and nutmeg, to taste
Crusty bread, for serving
- 1.In a bowl, whisk together butter, parsley, wine, cognac, garlic, and shallots with a fork.
- 2.Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 3.Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour to let the ﬂavors meld.
- 4.Heat oven to 400°.
- 5.Use approximately 1 Tbsp butter mix per snail (either in an escargot baking dish or in shells)
- 6.Bake until butter sizzles, 10–12 minutes.
- 7.Serve 6 snails per person along with crusty bread for soaking up the delicious sauce.