Rich and delicious Truffle Potatoes Dauphinoise are perfect for Valentine’s Day. This recipe may be made the day before and reheated just before serving alongside beef, pork, chicken, duck, fish or, quite frankly, served with just a salad.
Our Truffle Breakings really make this a super special side dish for a special day. Bon Appetit!
(makes one 9x11 baking pan)
Half & Half
Salt & pepper
|1 1/2 lbs.|
4 oz. - grated
Sprinkle on each layer
1. Butter the baking pan all over.
2. Heat the half & half to a simmer, take off the heat then whisk in the egg yolk and nutmeg, reserve.
3. Peel the potatoes one at a time and slice thin, put down one layer with the potatoes slightly overlapping each other.
4. Spread one tablespoon of truffle breakings on to the potatoes then sprinkle with salt and pepper then drizzle with cream mixture and cheese.
5. Repeat the layering until finished with ingredients - try to leave a little extra cheese for the top but don't add any more cheese than called for or it will get greasy.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 for one hour until there is no resistance.
7. Let the potatoes sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.
8. These can be made one day ahead, cut and reheated before serving.