White Balsamic vinegar makes our Panzanella Salad elegant and amazingly delicious. Try this with recipe your ripe garden vegetables for a summer treat!
WHITE BALSAMIC PANZANELA
(MAKES APPROXIMATELY 4-6 SERVINGS)
GOOD EVO x ¼ cup
½ BAGUETTE x cut into ½ cubes
GARDEN TOMATOES x 2, cut into large cubes
CUCUMBER x 1, peeled & seeded cut ½ inch cubes
BELL PEPPER x 1, cut into ½ inch cubes
SWEET ONION x ¼ , thin sliced
FRESH BASIL LEAVES x 20, torn
GARLIC CLOVE x 1, minced
DIJON MUSTARD x ½ tsp
AGED WHITE BALSAMIC VINEGAR x ½ cup
GOOD EVO x ½ cup
SALT & PEPPER to taste
- Heat ¼ cup of EVO on medium heat then sauté cubed bread until crispy then reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion and fresh basil leaves – set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the White Balsamic Vinaigrette by combining the minced garlic, Dijon mustard, white balsamic and ½ cup EVO in a jar, shake well to mix.
- When ready to serve salad, combine toasted croutons, mixed vegetables & basil with the White Balsamic Vinaigrette – toss and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes before serving at room temperature to meld flavors
- This salad is best eaten at room temperature within a couple hours so the bread is “crispy”