- Orders containing caviar and perishable products:
- Placing your order: Any order containing temperature sensitive product will be processed and shipped the same-day if the order is successfully placed before 3pm ET, Monday through Thursday, or before 3pm ET on Friday when accompanied with the Saturday shipping up-charge. Holidays can affect order receipt and shipping times.
- Your address: Perishable shipments cannot ship to a PO box. To better our fraud protection, further steps may be required to process orders with different shipping and billing addresses.
- Shipping your order: Orders are shipped using UPS Next Day Air overnight service. Products are packaged in insulated boxes with gel ice to keep under temperature for up to 48 hours.
- Shipping costs:
- Standard flat-rate: $35 for UPS Overnight Delivery, delivers Tuesday through Friday.
- Saturday Delivery: Orders received and shipped between 3pm Thurs and 3pm Friday will require the overnight Saturday Delivery service at a flat rate of $50.
- Alaska and Hawaii: Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii cost a flat rate of $55 for UPS Overnight. Saturday Delivery service to AK & HI is $70.
- North and South Carolina Cost: Regional shipments Express and Saturday Services are discounted to $30 and $45 respectively. You can also use the cheaper UPS Ground service instead, but we do not guarantee the product to arrive overnight or under temperature.
- Free shipping: Orders totaling $500 or more (not including the shipping fee) will have their shipping expense covered by the company
- Delivery Information:
- Delivery date: Service will deliver the next day for orders received before 3pm, Monday through Thursday. Customers can leave a order comment specifying a later shipment date if desired.
- Delivery time: UPS Next Day Air usually delivers before 11am, the day after shipping. However, morning delivery is not guaranteed unless the service is upgraded.
- Delays: Shipper delays due to weather and mechanical issues are possible and can sometimes cause the shipment to deliver at a later time of day or miss the next-day delivery all together.
- Orders containing dry goods and non-perishable products:
- Placing your order: Non-temperature sensitive product will be processed and shipped the same-day if the order is successfully placed before 1pm ET, Monday through Friday. Your package can take anywhere from 1 to 5 business days to deliver, depending on your location. Holiday's can affect order receipt and shipping times.
- Address: It is the customer's responsibility to enter accurate shipping address information.
- Shipping Details: Orders are shipped using UPS Ground service. Products are packaged using protective materials in standard shipping boxes.
- Shipping Cost:
- Standard flat Cost: shipping rates are $15 for UPS Ground
- Alaska and Hawaii Cost: Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii cost a flat rate of $35 for FedEx Ground and $55 for UPS Overnight. Saturday Delivery service to AK & HI is $70.
- Regional shipments: Customers located in North and South Carolina benefit from lowered shipping rates. Perishable orders in the region are allowed to use UPS Ground service since the insulated boxes will keep the product cold for the duration of delivery. However, choosing this option voids the return policy.
- Delivery Information:
- Delivery date: Orders received before 12pm, Monday through Friday will ship same-day and deliver within the next 1 to 5 business days, depending on location.
- Delivery time: UPS Ground can deliver between 9am and 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Delays: Delays are unlikely and any order not delivered after 7 business days can be claimed as lost.
Here you can find more in depth information on all of the regulatory and administrative policies which govern the operations of caviarstar.com and Great Atlantic Trading. These policies are normal for most gourmet import/export companies, but you should still read some the following to minimize any potential "surprises" after using our site
* * * * *
SHIPPING AND RETURN POLICY - This is important to read and understand before placing an order. These policy rules should help you understand how to best arrange an order, how your shipment will be processed and what to do if you want to make a return and get a refund
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE - An in depth contract which protects our intellectual property and governs our customer's use of the features of caviarstar.com
CHEF, DISTRIBUTOR, WHOLESALE AND INTERNATIONAL POLICY - For customers wanting a larger quantity of our products, this page will help you take steps to becoming a valued Great Atlantic partner. Also contains information on the policies of shipping products outside of the U.S. market
SUSTAINABILITY, CERTIFICATION AND GOVERNMENT REGULATION POLICY - A page containing our certifications from both government and private agencies, as well as the rules that Caviar Star and Great Atlantic Trading must follow in order to guarantee food safety for our customers and protect the environment for our planet