The rich flavor of the lamb and mushrooms pairs beautifully with the complexity of the hackleback caviar adding hints of caramelized fennel & toasted hazelnuts on the finish. (serves 8)
|Boneless Leg of Lamb|
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
|1 lamb leg|
- Tie the lamb roast then stud it with the garlic cloves, making small incisions into the roast then pushing the whole garlic clove into the incision.
- Roast the lamb roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and roast for an additional 20-30 minutes depending upon the doneness you prefer.
- While the lamb is roasting, slice the shiitake mushrooms (no stem) and sauté them with the extra virgin olive oil until tender then reserve.
- When the lamb is done, let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve slices of lamb with sautéed mushrooms then top with spoonful of hackleback caviar.