Total time: 1 hour 2 minutes | Prep time: 3 minutes | Cook time: 59 minutes
|Baby Red Skin Potatoes|
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Cut potatoes in half crosswise, then skim a very thin sliver off the bottom of each half. This will balance it out so it can stand upright. Place in medium mixing bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Lightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil.
4. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly, then arrange the potatoes on the prepared sheet pan, standing upright on the flat bottoms you created.
5. Place potatoes in preheated oven and roast until centers are tender, about [20-30 minutes]. You want them to be firm enough to maintain their shape but tender enough to be edible. Test by piercing with a fork. Let the potatoes cool slightly after removing from oven.
6. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, use a small measuring spoon to gently scoop a small hole out of the center of each potato. You are forming a cup. Leave enough of an edge around the hole to keep the shape, and do not pierce through skin or bottom.
7. Transfer potatoes to a plastic container or small platter and place in refrigerator to cool for [10 minutes].
8. Scoop crème fraiche into a plastic baggie so it settles in one corner. Snip off the corner, then squeeze the crème fraiche into the center of each cooled potato. Top off with a small dollop of caviar. If desired, snip or chop some chives and sprinkle these over the top for color.
9. Arrange the baby potatoes with caviar and crème fraiche neatly on a serving platter. Ready to eat!
KCBS Foodie Chap, Liam Mayclem, sits down to enjoy some caviar with Petra and Saskia Bergstein, the sisters of The Caviar Company.