I love to make soup after a holiday weekend of big meals. Enclosed is an easy and delicious broccoli soup recipe that is perfect to serve with any caviar you may have left over from the holiday weekend. Bowfin caviar accents and seasons this soup perfectly. Enjoy!
1 head, chopped
6 cups (vegetable or chicken stock)
as needed (recipe follows)
- In a soup pot, saute the shallots and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add broccoli and stock and simmer until broccoli is tender.
- When broccoli is tender, strain and puree solids, then add back to the stock.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to meld flavors.
- Whisk the cream into the soup just before serving.
- Top each serving with a dollop of crème fraiche and a tablespoon of bowfin caviar.
- Serve with crusty bread.
*If desired, you can make your soup greener by adding Parsley Puree. Boil 1 cup of water with ¼ cup of parsley leaves and a pinch of baking soda, simmer until the parsley is so tender that it falls apart when rubbed between your fingers, then strain it and puree parsley with a little water to thin it. Whisk the parsley puree into soup just before serving to give it a bright green color.