High-society snacks for star-studded Oscars parties and presidential banquets, these deliciously literal "Caviar Stars" are a more symmetrical take on recipes for Smoked Salmon and Caviar appetizers. Great with stronger flavored caviar and milder cold-smoked salmon, star-spangled canapés can turn up the fancy for your 4th of July feast or any other celebration. Matching 5-star presentation with 5-star flavor is easy with this simple yet tasty recipe.
Boursin (or garlic) and herb cream cheese
Sevruga Caviar (or other black caviar)
Star-shaped cookie cutter
1 ct. (zested into strips)
1. Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut the slices of bread. Butter and toast as desired.
2. Spread 2-3 Tbsp. of cream cheese on each slice. These caviar Canapes should be assembled just before serving or the bread will become soft.
3. Place 2 star-trimmed slices (you can use the cookie cutter) of smoked salmon on each slice of bread/toast. Layer the canapés with 2 slices of smoked salmon for more color/substance and to fill in any gaps.
4. Garnish each star with a small dollop of caviar directly in the middle. Sevruga is recommended, but other black caviars will do the trick about jsut as well.
5. Top each caviar garnish with a pinch of lemon zest or a thinly sliced wedge. Arrange a display and serve.
Recipe Credit: Scrumpdillyicious
Image Credit: Scrumpdillyicioius